So first, WELCOME! Thank you for taking the time to come and check out my blog! I finally have had some time to sit down and do this review. It is really long overdue because I LOVE this line of products, and I really enjoy their foundations. My friends have been asking me to review it for months, so I’m sorry if it’s wordy!
If you are not familiar with BECCA Cosmetics, you can find them online, at SEPHORA, and at ULTA! They have one of the largest color swatches which is something that I appreciate as a woman of color. As you may or may not know, your makeup bag is an investment. Having your go-to quality foundation is very important, so if you’re alarmed by BECCA Cosmestics’ prices, don’t be. Simply look at it as an investment and something in your cosmetic arsenal that is going to last! 🙂
I was first introduced to this foundation in January of this year by an MUA by the name of Artemis (IG: @akstephens5)! If you don’t follow me on my other social media handles, I am a hair model and find myself modeling for MATRIX a few times out of the year and meeting some awesome artists! However, she and another MUA Danielle (IG: @damnhell), will always stick out because they pay attention to their CANVAS…which is me, lol, the model! It’s hard to come across make-up artists who take their craft seriously these days and actually leave their muses with something to go home with. Ya know? So let’s get to it!
of course this was the before! Before hair, makeup…COFFEE!
post show, so not a fair picture of this amazing foundation!
Okay perfect! This is BECCA Cafe, with their Rose Gold highlight! I took this picture on my iPhone with no filter and it was FIVE hours post show. Look at that flawless finish!
after a long day of rehearsals, shows, life, getting lost, being hungry, and losing my shoes AND hotel key, LOOK AT MY FACE. Come through, BECCA!!! Flawless finish!
and here is a picture of the initial application of just foundation under the MUA’s lighting
Now let’s get down to the details:
- If you have really dry skin, the BECCA Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme may not work for you if you’re not priming or using a moisturizer with it. I know Makeup Alley has a lot of reviews from women with dry skin who talk about the oxidation and how the application looks and feels over time. I personally have combination skin, so I know my trouble areas and am always sure to moisturize or use primer before I apply my foundation.
- Matching is very important. If you need a general idea you can totally go on their website and get it. Remember their swatch is the truth. There’s something for everyone! If you go in-store, make sure you are under a good and honest light and in front of a good mirror. Major key.
- Yes, you may have to touch up with blotching paper or a brush after a few hours. That’s me keeping it real! The Summer season is approaching and the Sun will have you melting.
- Undereye coverage is AWESOME. Kid you not. You won’t even have to go the extra mile with using cover-ups and all of that before application.
- You can use a beauty blender or a stippling brush! Everything else that I have tried with this foundation has left a weird streak and texture on the ending result.
Other than that, ENJOY! If you need recommendations on makeup removers, and cleansing routines, please feel free to find me on social media or comment below!